Sunday 2 August 2015

Beep-Beep sound when I turn on my laptop

Tags

Beep-Beep sound when I turn on my laptop

500_F_82456406_Vd5UyWzg5x71M4GjOV4OGiR16CWSK0Dg
I just have bought Dell laptop Inspiron 15R n5520. I got it delivered this morning. I red the instructions and did as it said. I connected the power adapter and pressed the power button. It seemed like laptop turns on but in the end all I got is white glowing screen and weird beep-beep sound.  Laptop is already charging for hours and it still do not work… What should I do?
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble on this new system.Beep sounds can be used as Diagnostic indicator.Two beeps on this system model would mean No Memory (RAM) detected.It could be while shipping the RAM memory got dislocated from the connector port(which is right at the bottom of the system).
This is where the Memory RAM is located on the system :

Try disconnecting the AC Adapter,remove the Battery,press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.Reconnect both AC adapter and Battery.Turn on the system.If the issue persists  and you continue to hear two beep sounds,you may need to reseat the memory (RAM),to ensure they are not loose.
You can refer to Owners Manual link below for steps to reseat RAM:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins7520/en/om15R/om_en.pdf
Let me know if you need more help,
Thank You
Thanks!
Ans:
The computer might emit a series of beeps during start-up if the LCD cannot display errors or problems.
Please refer to this Beep code Overview:
Beep Code Overview
Beeps Description Possible Cause
1 BIOS ROM checksum in progress or failure System board failure, covers BIOS corruption or ROM errors.
2 No Memory (RAM) detected Memory or Memory slot failure
3
  • chipset Error (North and South bridge error, DMA/IMR/Timer error)
  • Time-Of-Day Clock test failure
  • Gate A20 failure
  • Super I/O chip failure
  • Keyboard controller test failure
System board failure
4 Memory read / write failure Memory failure
5 Real Time Clock (RTC) power fail CMOS battery failure
6 Video BIOS test failure Video subsystem failure
7 CPU Cache test failure Processor failure
8 LCD LCD failure
Hope this helps,
Thank You

I just have bought Dell laptop Inspiron 15R n5520. I got it delivered this morning. I red the instructions and did as it said. I connected the power adapter and pressed the power button. It seemed like laptop turns on but in the end all I got is white glowing screen and weird beep-beep sound.  Laptop is already charging for hours and it still do not work… What should I do?
Thanks!
About these ads Occasionally, some of your visitor


EmoticonEmoticon